We love Bourbon. At PepperExplosion.com you will find many bourbon sauces and seasonings. However, we have not yet found good a really Bourbon Wing Sauce. As a result, here is a recipe to make your own ...
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Stir the bourbon, brown sugar, ketchup, white vinegar, Hot Sauce, garlic powder, honey, and butter together in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and cook at a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally, until the sauce thickens nearly to the consistency of maple syrup or molasses, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cook your wings anyway you like. (Fried, baked, battered or grilled.) When fully cooked toss them in the above sauce.